Job title: Project Manager, East Africa Social Enterprise, Population Services International (PSI)
Location: preference for Nairobi, Kenya or Washington DC
Up to 50% regional/international travel
Reports to the Deputy Regional Director
Who We Are
- Oversight to comprehensive market landscaping analysis for a selection of product categories to identify the potential role for an enterprise approach to grow the market and increase access amongst priority target groups leveraging PSI tools and best practice
- Manage a research agency to conduct consumer research to gain deeper insight into current behaviors (including barriers and motivators, journey mapping) related to the product categories.
- Based on all the market and consumer learning, develop a comprehensive portfolio strategy that will grow the market through increasing access to the enterprise’s affordable, high quality products.
- Explore the optimal business model (including Sales & Distribution network and management structure) to assess feasibility of creating a financially sustainable entity – demonstrated through the development of a multi-year financial projection.
- Lead the roll-out of global and regional brands in key countries, navigating registration processes and looking for opportunities to maximize procurement efficiencies across the region.
- Support the Social Franchising social enterprise initiative in the East Africa region, exploring potential synergies and efficiencies.
What are we looking for?
- Preference MBA or Master’s in relevant fields, MPH, International Relations etc.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellence in marketing competencies – market analysis, consumer insight research, portfolio management.
- Strong appreciation of core commercial business principles and marketing financial discipline. Experience building and managing a P&L.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to manage multiple project workstreams, while maintaining oversight to the bigger strategic picture.
- Experience in managing consultants and agencies – ensuring deliverables are completed on time and in full.
- Product launch or start-up experience and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in low and middle-income countries and with the non-profit sector a plus
- Excellent analysis and communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; a self-starter
- Ability to develop strong relations with PSI Regional team, Country representatives and other organizational senior leader.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time within the East Africa region (and occasional trips to PSI HQ).
- Fluency in English required.
What would get us excited?
- Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Project Management
- Information Technology